Quick update - and I'm testing my resolve to do this, even when it isn't the world's greatest step forward. We went down for another excellent feeding and got two pieces of news. First, Sam's oxygen levels have dipped a bit since they went from 3.0L to 2.0L (in a first attempt to start weaning the oxygen). As such, they are planning on pushing him back up. It's disappointing. One step forward, another back.
We were also told that he is moving to Level 2 NICU. This means that each nurse will have 2 babies to watch as opposed to one. I inquired as to whether or not this was a graduation (it literally broke my heart to hear another couple get the news that their child had graduated...petty, I know). I asked if it was a "mini graduation". Her response was "a micro mini graduation". I'd call that getting placated.
I honestly am happy for any parents that get the graduation news. I just want it for Sam. As we left Level 3 to let him rest, I couldn't help but notice that every other kid was out of Level 3. When will it be his turn?
Brad
No comments:
Post a Comment